Saturday, October 18, 2008

Renovation...Part One =)

So, Erik and I headed up to the Cabin in northern Minnesota on Wednesday night because Jaxon and Mason were off of school. We had been anticipating this for a couple of weeks so we lined up a dumpster and made sure to get things in order that we would need to start the "OVERHAUL" on the cabin!

For any of you that ARE NOT Fenn family members reading this, Erik's brother, Mark lives in Madagascar Africa but built this cabin as his home for Minnesota and since he is home very rarely the cabin has gone unused for a while and could use some updates.

First, I wanted to say thanks to Steve because I know that he has put a lot of blood sweat and tears into the cabin over the years also. So have Erik's Mom and Dad, and it is NOT our intent to make this cabin just our hangout. We simply want to make it a great place that we can all use but we might also be able to rent out occasionally for groups / vacationers. In order to do that, we need to spruce it up a bit....So, here we go!!!

The family that Mark had rented the place to left a bunch of trash items on the property so Erik and I loaded all of those items into a dumpster as well as Erik cleaned out the shed, raked the yard and put down fertilizer.

I mostly focused on the inside, Erik assisted with the basement, moving furniture and old items out as well as the electronics and painting..Thanks babe...kinda nice without the kids for 2 days!!!

This was the picture as we were leaving today...pretty proud of our hard work...
look at the dumpster!


I just loved this picture...had to post it. Looks so great with the leaves on the trail!!!

This was our prizes possession this weekend. Mark and Theresa have some beautiful African pots and artifacts that were not highlighted so we placed them on top of the cabinets. I love the color....and YES, I did paint the fridge...=)

I LOVE all the really cool furniture pieces that Mark and Theresa have brought from Africa. This table is an example, there is also a really great hutch, beds, and armoires! It will look great with all the contrasting colors when it is completed!


There were a couple of surprise encounters..mainly this one of Erik and the tree that fell down, looks like we need to invest in a chainsaw for the property cuz this baby could heat us all winter if we needed it to!!!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Girl...I am totally amazed. You git r dun when you are off the phone with your cousin. LOL. Nice. Maybe we can meet you all up there and hang out next summer. Nothing like inviting yourself, Huh? But we won't come until it is finished....LOL kidding. It is gorgeous up there. Great job!

Katers said...

HOLY MOLY BABY..this ROCKS! I canNOT believe you got all of this done in just 3 days..you and Erik are a great team..nice! I LOVE it..when can we come visit? A girls weekend perhaps..this summer maybe :)

Unknown said...

Where do you get your energy, Tarah? I can't believe all that you and Erik accomplished in one weekend. I'm lucky if I can get my laundry done and put away and maybe pick the house up a bit during the week. My to do list is way too long. The after pictures are fabulous. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you get everything else done.